Chicago Drug/Narcotics Defense Attorney
Providing A Tenacious Defense Against Drug Charges In DuPage County, Cook County And The Chicagoland Area
If you have been charged with a drug crime, you may think you do not have many options. It is important to remain hopeful. You may have defenses to your charges or alternatives that will minimize the consequences of a conviction. Until you have a criminal defense attorney on your side, you will not know all of your options. I am Chicago drug/narcotics defense lawyer Jonathan Feldman. I defend people against drug charges at both the state and federal levels. I understand the strategies police and prosecutors employ to gain convictions and will use every available legal tool at my disposal to seek a favorable outcome to your charges.
I defend people facing any type of drug charge, including:
- Drug sales/drug trafficking: The sale or trafficking of most drugs is a felony. My law firm will fully investigate the nature of your charges and explore all options in your defense.
- Drug conspiracy: Drug conspiracy is a wide-ranging charge that can encompass many actions. I will mount an aggressive defense against conspiracy and any related allegations.
- Possession: Under Illinois law, possession of a controlled substance (PCS) is charged as a felony. Possession of cannabis (marijuana) is usually charged as a misdemeanor.
I defend people accused of possessing, trafficking or manufacturing any type of illegal drug, including:
- Cannabis/marijuana: Although marijuana possession is typically a misdemeanor charge, manufacturing or possessing marijuana with intent to deliver is a felony.
- Cocaine: Any type of cocaine-related charge is very serious. The penalties escalate when you are accused of delivering or possessing with intent to deliver.
- Heroin: Whether you are accused of possessing, delivering or manufacturing this drug, it is absolutely vital to have a lawyer who understands how to build a strong defense.
- Methamphetamine: In Illinois, the possession, sale or manufacture of meth is a felony. These are some of the most serious drug-related charges a person can face. Judges are unlikely to be sympathetic to your situation. It is vital to have a lawyer on your side against these allegations.
I Will Spare No Effort to Protect Your Rights
In many situations, overzealous law enforcement agents will violate a suspect’s constitutional rights. I will look closely at all of the evidence to determine if your rights were violated. If there is evidence to show that they were, I will ask the court to suppress the evidence and dismiss your charges. My tenacious, skilled approach often leads to favorable results for my clients.